+1
Not a bug

Gouped taskbar items loose their internal orded while switching virtual desktops.

Anonymous 9 years ago updated by Michael (Ramen Software) 9 years ago 3
Hi RaMMicHaeL,
I absolutely love your program! I really can’t productively work on any PC without it. So, thanks for your work

Unfortunately, with the last update (or the one before that), I have anissue:
– Gouped taskbar items mix their internal orded while I switch virtual desktops.

I use Dexpot v.1.6.14 b2439 as my virtual desktop manager, and it hasn’t been updated or modified in any way before the issue appeared. With older versions on 7TT it worked just fine, and due to absence of changes form Dexpot side, that could introduce the bug, I'm pretty sure, it's 7TT's issue.

What happens is as follows:

1. I open browser window #1, then #2, then #3, etc.
2. I switch to another virt.desktop, and do some work there for a while
3. I go back to the virt. desktop with my browser windows
Result: the order of the windows in a taskbar group is reversed (#3, #2, #1)

If i manually reaggange them, they usualy will get reversed again.
* The issue is not 100% reproducible on switch-switch scenario, usually some time delay is required. But it happens alsmost all the time, and makes s multitasking very confusing.
I hope you can give my some advise on a possible workaround, or maybe a fix in the next 7TT version.

Thanks!
Under review
Why do you think that 7TT causes the issue?
Did you try to use your PC with the tweaker turned off? Does it fix the issue?
In general, from your description it sounds like Dexpot is the app to blame here, as it handles the virtual desktop switching.
Hi, thanks for your response.

I've noticed this issue alongside one of the recent 7TT updates. However, to narrow down the version of the 7TT that causes this issue, i've installed few older ones, and the behavior seemed the same. So turns out, that something else is indeed to blame.

The fact that Dexpot didn't do any recent updates when issue started deflected my attention from it. But after some digging, I've noticed that around the same time, I started to use one of the desktop switching methods i didn't used before. And after some testing, it is pretty certain now, that this switching method is indeed what causing taskbar group rearrangement.

Bottom line, thanks for your attention, and sorry for false-blaming it on your software :-)