Fixed

Drag sometimes causes whole window to flash when vertical scrollbar

pbpb 9 years ago updated by Michael (Ramen Software) 9 years ago 16
v4.5.6.2 beta, win 7
Sometimes (!), when there are enough windows that 7tt has a vertical scrollbar, dragging items results in the entire 7tt window flashing for each step of motion in the list.  This is consistent, until some windows are either opened or closed.  Then the behavior usually goes away.  Unfortunately, I have not been able to figure out whether there is any particular window type that causes this to happen, or the exact circumstances under which it happens or goes away.  All I can tell you with pretty good confidence is that it usually occurs the *first time* I try to use 7tt once it will need a scrollbar.

Recall that for my configuration, 7tt uses a window that must be dismissed.

Answer

Answer
Fixed
Should be fixed in v4.5.7.
Ok, I think I have a little more info.  I have an app that is constantly refreshiing the taskbar text.   If I close that app, the problem disappears.  If I reopen it, the problem recurs... but not always.  Maybe there is some timing issue of when 7tt opened its window relative to exactly when the app was updating its taskbar text?  (The app is an old version of winamp.)
Under review
7tt has a vertical scrollbar
Are you talking about the taskbar? 7TT does not have a scrollbar.

All in all, I'm not sure I understand your issue. Could you please provide a screenshot?
Yes, it has a vertical scrollbar (if not all items fit into the selection pane).  Recall that you modified 7tt when I complained that the selection window would close as soon as my mouse left the taskbar, due to my having 'focus follows mouse' turned on.

Note that I just created many firefox windows, since my actual ones have some personal info in the titles.  But, those are all in fact separate firefox windows.
OK, so you're talking about the Taskbar Inspector. The 7TT (or 7+ Taskbar Tweaker) window is this.
I'll try to reproduce it.
Sorry, my program of language study has not yet progressed to learning all 7tt terminology!
No problem, it's not something a screenshot cannot fix :)
Unfortunately, I could not reproduce it.
If you'll be able to come up with exact reproduction steps, please let me know.

OK, I believe that I could reproduce it, and probably fixed it.
Please try the following version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/64c32kbcw75hzvw/7tt_setup_beta_v4.5.6.4.exe?dl=1
Ok, that seems to have fixed it.  Thanks!!

However, there is now a new (or maybe unnoticed by me before) small bug.  It doesn't bother me, but just so you know, if the inspector (see, now I know!) has a scroll bar, and it has been scrolled all the way to the bottom, then dragging a window item that is visible and will remain visible (for example by one notch) causes the scroll bar to scroll up unnecessarily, seemingly by one notch.
You're right. Seems like it's not new. I'll look at it.
Should be fixed in v4.5.6.9 (beta).
Ok, I will download it and check -- thanks!.  It may be several days because I have too much going on at the moment.
Answer
Fixed
Should be fixed in v4.5.7.
Ok, I finally got around to downloading the latest version - 4.5.8. And, it indeed appears to be fixed. Thanks!

BTW, re the emails that announce replies in the forum, today the sig struck me: "The Tweaker Team." You might want to lengthen that to "The Taskbar Tweaker Team." ...Because in US slang, "tweaker" means a methamphetamine addict. Of course, then again, I don't really know about your personal habits.
Heh. I changed it to "The 7+ Taskbar Tweaker Team", before someone else starts wondering about my personal habits :)