Not a bug

Grouped application instances change sequence

Anonymous 11 years ago updated by Michael (Ramen Software) 11 years ago 4

I've been using 7+ Taskbar Tweaker for a long time without any problems but recently I've been having the one I'm about to describe, it may have something to do with Office 2013. I use Excel quite a lot and constantly open and close  different worksheets. There are some which I always have open so I like to have them arranged in a specific sequence. When I was using Office 2010 I never had this problem but now from time to time grouped items will rearrange themselves. Unfortunately I can't spot when exactly it happens or whether I do something specific. I know the major change between Excel 2010 and 2013 which I like a lot is that Excel windows are now independent which solves all alt+tab problems among other things. Maybe this has something to do? I tried disabling grouping by Application ID and then the problem doesn't seem to occur but this doesn't work for me so I didn't test it for very long.

Answer

Answer
Not a bug
There's a bug in Windows which may cause unresponsive windows to move to the right end of the taskbar/group. Maybe this is the cause for the behavior you're seeing.

I do not think it's a bug of the tweaker. You might want to try running with it turned off, and see if the issue still occurs.
Under review
There's a bug in Windows which may cause unresponsive windows to move to the right end of the taskbar/group. Maybe this is the cause for the behavior you're seeing.

I do not think it's a bug of the tweaker. You might want to try running with it turned off, and see if the issue still occurs.

I've finally pinpointed it. My main Excel worksheet takes some 3-4 seconds to save and this indeed almost always moves that window. It never used to happen but yes, the same thing happens with the tweaker off. But since the tweaker allows rearranging grouped items maybe it could detect such problem and automatically change the sequence back?

I'll try to come up with a workaround.
Meanwhile, I'm tagging it as "not a bug" as it's no a bug of the tweaker.
Answer
Not a bug