Not a bug

Stop auto-arranging taskbar buttons after ungrouping

Anonymous 11 years ago updated by Michael (Ramen Software) 11 years ago 6
Firefox keeps being moved to the right-end of the taskbar automatically only when 7+ is open, I always have it as the second from the left. 7+ has a bug (or a "feature") that keeps moving/auto-arranging window taskbar button positions for no clear/intuitive/useful reason. The only reason I'm using 7+ is to forcibly ungroup window taskbar buttons, this bug is so severe I'm thinking of going back to 64 bit XP.

Answer

Answer
Not a bug

Not a bug of the tweaker. See comments.

I'm familiar with this behavior.

A taskbar button moves to the end of the taskbar when it's window hangs for a coupe of seconds or more. It happens mainly with Firefox as it's interface is not very responsive at times.

I'm pretty sure it happens without the tweaker as well, so I'm marking it as not-a-bug.

Answer
Not a bug

Not a bug of the tweaker. See comments.

Thanks for your reply. In that case would you happen to know how to reduce the sensitivity? Is the "Ultimate Windows Tweaker" "System Performance" options capable of reducing this?

You mean this, right?

Not much, it's more about making Firefox more responsive, by e.g. removing unnecessary addons, keeping less tabs open, etc.

Yes that, correct. I don't mind waiting 200 milliseconds considering how much I use the browser, I just want to make 7 no longer move the window over. If you're aware of the registry key/policy setting to adjust it I'd appreciate it. Thanks either way for taking your time to respond.

There's no registry key for this. It's a Windows bug, and I'm not sure a solution exists.
In general, it happens because Windows replaces a hanged window with another, pseudo Window, with a "Ghost" class. This replacement is synchronized with the taskbar. But when the window gets responsive again, and replaces the "Ghost" window, the replacement isn't always synchronized, and sometimes the taskbar thinks it's a new window.