+4

Remote Desktop connection + Input Indicator behavior

tomiie6 6 years ago updated 2 years ago 3

I have the Input Indicator option turned on, and I usually use Remote Desktop connection on one of my displays at work. When I'm active on the remote desktop, the Input Indicator disappears from my local taskbar, and when I try to click an icon on the local taskbar, that click doesn't really happen, the Input Indicator reappears and pushes all the icons off.

That's not a bug, that's how Remote Desktop works (as well as other apps without language indication, I can't think of any others at the moment).

What do you suggest? If you're annoyed by the jumping icons, leaving the language indicator, or an empty placeholder space, might be a solution.

+1

This behaviour of the Input Indicator is extremely annoying.

I do not agree that this is not a bug. Certainly when you are going to click an icon and at the moment of the click the icon shifts away it is a bug. The bug is more serious when you are about to double-click an icon and after the unwanted shift you click a different icon instead.

This is the only place I was able to find where someone is trying to fix this bug. I am wondering why. Is the combination of Remote Desktop + Input Indicator so rare?

I think the best solution would be that the Input Indicator icon becomes inactive (grey) when a Remote Desktop window is active.

Vaclav,

You are right. I'm also using the Remote Desktop and often switch between the local and remote desktops. And this behavior of language indicator is extremely stupid. Each time I click on the wring icon due to this disappearing. Annoying.